20 Haziran 2011 Pazartesi

Live and let diet!

Hello and thank you for reading my blog. I have never done this before so I have no idea what I am doing so I hope it works ok.
This blog will cover some of the stuff that I will teach on the course but not in any depth. You will got lots of hints and tips however as the weeks go on.
So lets start. I weighed myself yesterday and I was 9 stone 9 lbs. I am only 5 foot 1 in and after having my 3rd child 21 months ago, I still have quite a bit of weight around my tummy and legs etc. I also measured my waist and it was 34 inches.
So whats the secret as to how I am going to do it? Well there are many. I will try to include as many as I can in the next few weeks. The first one and probably one of the most important ones is to make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons!
We often think we know why we are doing it and we think we really want to do it but lets look at that a little bit closer.
Ask yourself the following questions – how happy are you in the rest of your life? Your work and career? Family and friends? Love and romance? Physical health and emotional well-being? Finances? Recreation, fun and leisure time? Your environment? Your personal development?
Often if we aren’t happy with one or more of these areas it can interfere with our motivation to lose weight. Sometimes its something underlying that’s totally unconnected to losing weight that is the very thing that is stopping it happen! For example, if you come home from work and you have had a totally stressful day  – another in a long line of many – how easy is it to stay motivated in terms of weight loss? When you have had a day like that, what do you want to do most when you come home? Is it to sit down and put your feet up? Is it to decide not go to the gym because you’re too tired? Is is to open a bottle of wine or have a few cans as you have had a hard day and you deserve it or you need to unwind? Is is to eat something comforting like crisps or chocolate because you feel totally cheesed off!
We are our own worst enemy! That’s why you need to start by taking a look at the whole of your life to make this stuff work.
Ok so I am on day 2 how I am doing? No problem at all. I was tempted to eat one of the kids Easter eggs yesterday when I was still working at 7pm at night and I had hardly stopped all day, but I didn’t. Why? Well because my work is  very important to me and I enjoy it. I wasnt enjoying it at this point to tell the truth. In fact I was feeling sick of my life at the point of wanting to eat the egg so I just asked myself what was I wanting to achieve by eating it? What would eating it give me? The answer was simple – I felt like I deserved a treat because I had worked so hard all day and I was still working even though I knew I had, had enough and I still wasnt finished. I was cheesed off because I hadn’t spent any time with my family and I was feeling guilty but I was torn because I had to get my work finished. So it wasnt the egg I wanted it was a distraction, a break, a treat and not to feel guilty. Now I had a choice. I needed to choose between the work I had to do, taking a break and continuing when the kids went to bed, calling it quits for the night or eating the egg.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Popüler Yayınlar